Travel & Service
A partnership between AFAR Media and the Global Leadership Adventures International Foundation
Students from Learning AFAR will receive scholarships to participate in GLA travel and service-learning programs as part of the mission of the GLA International Foundation.
GLA has been recognized as a leader in international volunteer efforts for high school students and service-learning programs driven by community-led engagement.
Students on Global Leadership Adventures teen travel and volunteer programs:
- Choose a destination from dozens of program offerings throughout Africa, Asia, Latin America, Europe and the United States
- Develop their passion for an area of interest, through program themes such as Public Health & Medicine, Community Development, Children & Education, Environmental Stewardship and more
- Participate in a meaningful community service project developed in partnership with local community leaders in the program’s host country
- Develop thoughtful, respectful cultural ties and understanding through hands-on, immersive learning
- Go on adventure excursions that allow them to step outside their comfort zone and test their own grit and determination
- Learn their personal leadership style, through GLA’s proprietary leadership curriculum that acknowledges leaders come in all shapes, sizes and personalities
- Bring “the change” back to their home community upon returning from their program